Family business, Isana was founded in 1983 and launched Bio Verde in 1986! Since 1986, Bio Verde is a pioneer in organic delicatessen!
Isana & Bio Verde in a few figures
- 1983: Creation of ISANA Handelsgesellschaft in Seefeld
- 1986: Start of NaturFeinkost production under the brand name “Bio-Verde” (production of organic pasta and sauces)
- 1989: Start of antipasti production and development of a project in Greece for organic sheep’s cheese
- 1990: Conversion to 100% organic for the whole range.
- 1993: Collaborative projects for Italian cheese and Italian ham in northern Italy
- 1994: Collaboration on trout farming in northern Italy
- 1995: Construction of a project in Ireland for salmon
- 1996: Construction of a new production unit with warehouse and administration in Eresing
- 1997: Start of salads and cold meat production
- 2001: Construction of another production site in Eresing
- 2010: Start of production of fresh spreads and oriental salads
- 2011: New administration and warehouse
- 2012: Coastal fishing project for herring in the German Baltic Sea
- 2013: Development of a trout farm in Upper Bavaria
The main values of bio verde
- Fair trade is one of Bio Verde’s main concerns when buying raw materials. This business idea obviously includes fair prices and fair wages for suppliers.
- Quality products. Bio Verde makes every effort to offer you organic quality products with the best flavor possible! Bio Verde uses cold working to offer products with a very good level of taste. This principle is used in particular for the production of antipasti, sauces, salads and spreads. The brand only works with local companies to meet their manufacturing requirements with highly qualified companies and excellent know-how. In addition, Bio Verde is subject to the stringent hygiene regulations of the European Union for the processing of cheese, meat and fish. Before their products leave the deli, the company checks each batch in the internal laboratory for microbiology, pesticides and other residues. The brand’s employees are regularly trained in the areas of hygiene and quality. The decisive factor is whether the products really taste great, so customers are regularly asked about our many tastings in the points of sale.
Bio verde products
The range of Bio Verde products is large, it includes the following categories:
- Antipasti: Olives (green, black, stuffed), artichoke hearts, dried tomatoes …
- Fresh pasta: tagliatelle, ravioli, gnocchi …
- Sauces: Pesto, mayonnaise, aioli …
- Fresh spreads and fresh salads: hummus, aubergine caviar, guacamole … These products are accessible to vegans since there are no ingredients of animal origin.
- Dairy products (from Greece, Italy and Bavaria): Feta, manouri, parmesan, pecorino, mozzarella gorgonzola …
- Cold Meats (Italian and Spanish)
- Fish (from Bavaria, the Baltic Sea and the North Atlantic): smoked salmon, salmon tartare and herring, trout.