Marinoë is the pioneer in the food seaweed sector in Brittany. Passionate for many years by the sea and its plants, the founders have developed a range of foods based on food seaweed.
The beginnings of Marinoë
Marinoë is the story of two seaweed enthusiasts: Marie-Dominique and Patrick! Both shared a common dream: to make the sea a garden, by growing seaweed, to preserve the fauna and flora and to enrich the daily diet of all! In 1992, the market being almost non-existent, they decided to create their own brand of seaweed food. Since its creation in 1992, the company continues to innovate and has received many awards on its expertise. For example, in 2013, Marinoë received the National Award for Dynamics of Fishing and Marine Cultures.
For Marinoë, seaweed is one of the keys to a healthy, fair and equitable diet. Each year, the brand offers tasty and original recipes. However, to simplify the lives of its customers, the products are mostly ready to use!
The benefits of seaweeds
Seaweed have been consumed for millennia, especially by Asians. Indeed, most coastal peoples use them in their traditional recipes. In Europe, seaweeds are more and more considered as everyday vegetables. Rich in minerals (iron, calcium, phosphorus, iodine, magnesium), fiber but also vitamins (group C and group D), they have great nutritional value and are excellent for your health and your heart.
Seaweed are high in protein (20% on average) and low in fat (2% on average). As a result, they are as attractive from a nutritional point of view as from a caloric point of view (a real asset for slimming diets or “detox” cures)
The seaweeds Farmed By Marinoë
Marinoë cares about the respect of the environment and the quality of the algae, which is why most of the algae of the brand are now harvested by hand. Marinoe algae are harvested in natural areas and rigorously selected and when the tide is low, the employees of Marinoë will then delicately harvest them.
In addition, in order to offer you a healthy diet, the brand has chosen to comply with the European Organic specifications, for good harvesting practices and successful algae processing. Marinoë values its algae with respectful and gentle processing techniques, in order to develop balanced recipes that preserve the benefits of algae and make them highly assimilable. Finally, the recipes of the brand are developed with natural ingredients and from organic farming. The algae transformation process meets the requirements of the ECOCERT label.
Marinoë cultivate 7 different seaweeds:
- Kombu, used in traditional Japanese cuisine. In the oriental tradition it is a plant of health and longevity. This seaweed is rich in calcium, minerals, iodine, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and sodium.
- Wakame is rich in protein, vitamins, calcium, iron and magnesium. Therefore, it is a real source of energy. Wakame is popular in Japanese cuisine and Korean cuisine.
- Nori is an edible red alga, mainly used in Japanese cuisine. It is a seaweed rich in protein and iodine.
- Dulse is a red alga rich in iron, calcium, vitamins A and C, as well as proteins.
- Sea beans are brown algae with a high content of vitamin C, fiber and iron.
- Sea lettuce is one of the most popular and consumed seaweed in France. It is a green algae. It is rich in vitamins, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Spirulina is one of the oldest algae. It contains a high mineral content, making it an excellent dietary supplement.
Currently Marinoë offers:
- Fresh products: seaweed tartare, seaweed salad, pickled fish …
- Groceries: seaweed crisps, fine seaweed salt, fine seaweed peppers ..
- Health foods: spirulina, agar-agar …